CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
This notice is for California residents as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit ‘the Site’, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as Device Information.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Identifiers: name, user/account name, postal address, email address, contact information, internet protocol address, internet cookie identification number, social security number, taxpayer identification number, bank account/credit card number, driver’s license number, passport number, date of birth, picture, resident identification number, device identification number, emergency contact details.
- Personal Information categories listed in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, financial information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, veteran, or military status.
- Commercial Information: records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing histories or tendencies, utility bills, insurance claimant name and contact information, credit history, lease information, rental history, rent amount.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: browsing history, search history, internet protocol address, cookie identification number, information regarding consumer’s interaction with a website, internet postings.
- Sensory data: pictures, videos, and sounds.
- Employment or other professional information: current job and past job history, job title, pay history, and income.
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags, and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as Order Information.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect to process payments placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen for potential risk or fraud
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services
We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with others only in certain limited situations or as otherwise agreed by you, including:
- with our service providers, including administrators, professional advisors, lenders, banks, auditors, law firms, governmental agencies, self-regulatory organizations, consultants, placement agents, insurers, technical service providers, and other third parties or other parties who are bound by contract to keep the information confidential and use it only on behalf of Waterton;
- to communicate with you, including responding to requests for submitted by you through our Sites;
- for business development and general marketing purposes;
- to build relationships;
- to satisfy contractual requirements;
- to perform services for you;
- to improve our Sites and the products and services that we offer and notifying you about changes to the same;
- to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- for ongoing operations, administrative, accounting, reporting, account maintenance, or other similar processes;
- to audit and verify the quality and effectiveness of our services and compliance;
- to detect and respond to security incidents and to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and
- to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
Device Information Usage
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Google – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
CALIFORNIA INDIVIDUAL PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents may exercise the following rights by calling (510) 704-1240.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information.
Right to Know.
You have the right to request that we disclose the Personal Information about you that SG Real Estate has collected, used, disclosed, or sold in the last 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of information we have collected about you.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information, we will let you know and list the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed or sold to third parties for a business or commercial purpose.
Right to Delete.
You have the right to request that SG Real Estate delete any Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records as permitted and consistent with applicable law.
SG Real Estate will not discriminate against a consumer for exercising any of their privacy rights under the CCPA by doing any of the following:
Denying goods or services.
Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including applying discounts or imposing penalties.
Providing a different level or quality of goods or service.
Suggesting that a consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods and services.
Only you, or a person you have authorized with written confirmation to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may, however, make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your child, if they are a minor.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by postal mail at the following address:
SG Real Estate
Attn.: Data Privacy
2105 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way
Berkeley, CA 94704